Wednesday 27 December 2006

Christmas at last!







It's Christmas at last - time to wind down from a hectic 2006. I have just finished installing the kids iPods and thought I would again try and maintain a blog - tried this last year but failed to maintain it!

I've been thinking of all the great things that happened to me this year (trying to be positive). I achieved a life-long ambition of visiting the stadium where Celtic won the European Cup back in 1967 (Estadio Nacionale, Lisbon - see photo). It was a great day - I arrived early Saturday morning, as I was arriving another Celtic fan was leaving! The stadium was open and you could just walk in and explore! I walked from one end of the field to the other, stood just outside the area where the trophy was presented to big Billy, and also looked around the underground stairs where the players emerged from the dressing rooms. There was some kind of fun run being organised and there was this huge sound system in place - the guy was playing U2s a "beatiuful day" - I suspect not by coincidence - an amazing experience!

No comments: